Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I know...it's about time!

So, how many of you have been stalking out blog to find out what is going on? How many of you were hoping in passing, I would just tell you what was going on? Well, my friends, the wait is over....keep reading to find out.
Many of you know the story behind our journey to getting pregnant and having our beautiful son Jack. For those of you that don't, the quick version is that after 2 1/2 years, I finally got pregnant, and after a roller coaster pregnancy, Jack was born.


Now, almost three years later, Wes and I are ready to add to our family. So, I invite each of you to follow this blog as we begin our journey into International Adoption. That's right, the Woodruff family has officially started the process of adopting a baby girl from China! It's weird! As we started discussing the possibility of adding to our family, we both kept coming back to the same conclusion. There are so many children in the world who need a loving home, so why not ours? Many will probably wonder why International, and why China. I will explain all of that in future posts. We have chosen to go with Gladney Center for Adoption, and as of tonight, have officially paid for our application. We will put the paperwork requesting the application in the mail tomorrow.

For those of you that are thinking with Internationl, this should be a quick process, you will probably be as shocked as Wes and I were to learn that to adopt from China, the wait is up to three years from the time all of your paperwork is complete. Part of what has taken me so long to tell everyone about this wonderful journey is we wanted to make sure we were willing to wait three years. If we have been taught anything over the last 5 years though, we aren't in control of this. It is not up to us when we get to add to our family, whether that is through adoption or not. After much debate and a lot of praying, both of us still feel very strongly that this is what we want to do.

So just know, if you want to see the end of this story/journey, you are going to have to follow along on our blog for a LONG time!!! I promise to post regularly though about the process, not only for all of you, but for our future daughter, who will want to know eventually how her parents came to the conclusion to adopt, and the journey we went through as a family to get her.

We couldn't be more excited, and hope that all of you will be too! The Woodruff family will eventually be a family of 4!




5 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! We also had a tough time getting pregnant with our kiddos. It took 1 1/2 yrs. with our first and 22 months with our second. The last two surprised us with about 7 months of trying. I have always wanted to adopt and admire you for doing this! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wes, Shannon , and Jack~
    What a blessing you will be giving to a child that is in need of a Christian home. I am so excited for your family. I will pray for y'all through the process and look forward to hearing more. It is so true that this blog will be a wonderful 'diary' someday for your new addition!
    Love, Vic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon and Wes,
    I am so excited for you! It will be worth the wait the moment you hold your baby girl!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adoption is a great thing!!!! And so you actually are pregnant sorda (your pregnancy is just going to last about 3 years or so). We promise to pray for you guys through this exciting time of change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Another blog to stalk!!! I'm so excited that y'all decided to go ahead with China! I will pray that time will fly by and that God will give y'all extra helpings of patience. Let me know what we can do for you!
    Margo

    ReplyDelete