Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Change of Plans!

I know...I know....I have been bad about posting. I don't really have a good excuse except that I haven't felt like I have had anything worthwhile to share. That has recently changed. We have had a change of plans with the adoption. We are still adopting, but we have changed countries. Three years is just too long of a time to wait, and it honestly felt like every time we turned around and tried to commit to moving forward with China we would hit another road block. We started this process back in January and it was just moving way too slow!

I'm sure if there is still anyone reading this, you are now wondering what country we have switched too. After much discussion, we have decided to adopt from Ethiopia. We are still going to adopt a baby girl, just not from China. And, since we have made that decision, a lot has happened. We are about 80% finished with our Gladney paperwork and have submitted what we have so far. As soon as I have one more piece of information we will pay the start of what will be many fees to come! I have submitted my passport information to have my name changed on it (obviously I haven't traveled out of the country lately) and Wes and Jack both have appointments to get their passports on the 31st. We aren't sure if we will take Jack with us or not when we travel, but we wanted to have the option!

The timeline for Ethiopia right now is around 16 months (maximum), which is very exciting to think about. Things are moving along this time, and Wes and I feel really good about this decision. I will keep everyone posted on the progress!

4 comments:

  1. That is fantastic news! I hope this process goes well for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news! I am praying that everything moves quickly and smoothly for you guys! I can't wait to meet Jack's sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Ethiopia...Even though I already knew this, it is nice to get blog comments...Go team Ethiopia!!! Ethiopia is just a fun word to say!

    ReplyDelete