Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March Madness...but not the basketball kind!

There isn't anything new to report on the adoption front. As I mentioned when I first told everyone we were going to do this, I said it would be a long and expensive process. Unfortunately, the first part of this requires a significant amount of money up front and unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to grow a money tree yet. If I do, I'll be sure to share!

So, since there isn't much to report there, I decided to share the Woodruff March Maddness with everyone! It all started on March 7th with Jack's 3rd birthday party. It is hard to believe that my little man is three! He had a lot of fun at his Cars themed party. Here are some pictures from the fun. He got more toys than I know what to do with. That's the hard part about a March birthday. He still hasn't exhausted playing with all the toys from Christmas, so our house feels overrun with nothing but little boy toys!

Jack got embarassed when everyone started singing Happy Birthday.


Bounce house fun....somewhere under that pile of kids is an adult!

The following weekend, Jack's birthday celebration continued, but this time we celebrated at the "Happiest Place on Earth", also known as Disney World. Jack had a blast, but I think the adults needed a vacation from our vacation by the time we got home late Wednesday night. We went to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. Jack's favorite ride was the Toy Story ride at Hollywood Studios. He surprised all of us by his love for the characters. He was not scared of them at all. On the plane ride home, I asked him what he liked the most about Disney World. We were a little shocked at his response. He saidto us Cinderella. When I asked him why, you would have thought I had asked the dumbest question in the world. He looks at me, and says, "Because she's pretty mommy!" I guess he has a thing for blondes!

Jack's first picture with Mickey and Minnie.

I think the look just about says it all...no explanation needed!

Breakfast with Mickey at Chef Mickey's on Jack's birthday.

As you can see, we had a lot of fun at Disney. The week wasn't over though. We headed south to Hebbronville, TX for a little fun on a ranch. It was Jack's friend Ryan's 4th birthday, and we were all invited to celebrate with him for the weekend. Jack was in heaven! He got to explore, play outside, and he got to fish for the very first time! Again, we had a lot of fun, but we all came home very tired!

Nothing like a boy and his boots.....I was afraid he would never take those off! Thanks Lizzie!

The party crew.....this picture was almost impossible to take. It was kind of like herding cats!

Believe it or not, that doesn't quite complete our March fun. There was the rodeo and Jack had his first T-Ball game, but I'll save those pictures and stories for another post.





No comments:

Post a Comment