I know....two posts in one night. Can you believe it? I can't! Anyway, I have a friend, who with another friend, started the website Lazy Moms (www.lazymoms.com). The idea behind it is to share tips with moms that will help make our lives easier. As a mother you are always super busy, whether you work or stay at home, and their website provides ways to make life a little easier so we get more "me" time. It's about being more efficient in a creative way! Anyway, they are working on a book, and the chapter they are working on is "Confessions of a Lazy Mom". So, here are some of my confessions....and I realize I'm taking a risk here, because if Wes reads some of these, the gig is up!
Confession 1: When Wes and I got married almost 8 years ago, I knew he was a sports enthusiast, I just didn't realize how much...until I started going to bed to ESPN, waking up to ESPN, and spending my days watching ESPN. Instead of griping about it though, I used it to my advantage! I HATE doing the laundry and loading and unloading the dishwasher. So, I told Wes he could watch as much ESPN he wanted, as long as he was productive while doing it. Eight years later, he STILL does the laundry and the dishes....and I get to spend the time doing things I want to do. It's GREAT!
Confession 2: When Jack spills food on the floor, especially when it happens the day before the cleaning lady is coming, I've been known to let the dogs in to clean up the mess. It's a lot faster and easier than hauling out the vacuum cleaner. Sorry...that's probably gross to a lot of people!
Confession 3: If you have a down comforter, it hides the bumps underneath. All that means is that I can pull the comforter back (quickly) without making the rest underneath. It only takes about 30 seconds to pull it back and the bed looks made!
OK, that's all. Enough of my true confessions. I don't want to give everything away all at once!
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whew... at least I'm not the only mom out there with confessions! Those were great!
ReplyDelete