Friday, April 24, 2009

Moving Forward

All this week, Wes and I have been receiving emails from Gladney about older kids from Taiwan that are waiting to be adopted. With these emails, they have included pictures of the children. We also received an email that contained a link to a Gladney controlled blog for families in the China adoption program. Within Gladney's blog were links to other blogs for families that have successfully adopted a child or children from China. As I was looking through all of these things I realized that I didn't want to wait any longer to move forward with the process. After talking to Wes, we decided to do whatever it takes to take the next step, and to get our Log in Date (LID).

As I type this, I am sitting knee deep in paperwork. I'm feeling overwhelmed by all of it, but also excited. The sooner we get this completed the sooner we get our LID, and the sooner we will be able to bring our little girl home. It's a whole mix of feelings, but all good ones. I think the hardest part of this process for me is going to patience. For anyone who knows me well, you know I am not a patient person, and I don't like not being in control. This is something that is truly out of my hands. I just pray that things will not slow down even more in China and that the wait will at least remain only three years, and if we are lucky, it will shorten!

No comments:

Post a Comment